- notify the division’s Convenor of all parental, player, disciplinary and officiating issues, if any, immediately after each game
- provide encouragement and positive re-enforcement to all players
- ensure all players receive equal ice time in every game during both regular season and playoffs
- be courteous and respectful towards referees, other coaches and parents
- ensure alternative coaching arrangements are in place in the event you can not attend games or practices
- educate players to ensure they play by the rules and demonstrate good sportsmanship at all times
- maintain team discipline; fights, temper tantrums, foul language are not to be tolerated
- distribute all League and Division communications, including team rosters, schedule, to players/parents promptly
- honour all Select suspensions applicable to House League play
Coach Selection and Qualifications
If you are interested in coaching (assistants included) there are a few requirements which must be completed or you will not be able to assist on the ice or the bench this hockey season.
We are required to conduct Criminal Records checks with the Police Reference Check Program (vulnerable sector screening) operated by The Toronto Police Service.
We will require that each coach / volunteer complete a Consent to Disclosure of Information form, produce his or her Ontario Driver’s Licence and provide a photocopy to be attached to the completed form (see below).
SPEAK OUT! HARASSMENT AND ABUSE SEMINAR/ RESPECT IN SPORT
Also known as Respect in Sport, a Certificate will be granted upon completion. These seminars can be attended at various locations throughout the summer or online.
If you would like to coach but have not completed either the Speak Out course or the Respect in Sport program, please go to the GTHL website and complete form (see below).
Do you have any further questions about coaching in the Knights House League? If so, please email your question to email@example.com.
Coach Duties and Responsibilities
All Coaches are expected to:
The following should be the key objectives of all House League and Select coaches:
- Did the players have fun during the year?
- Did the players improve over the course of the season?
- Do the players want to play hockey next year?