WELCOME TO THE 2022-2023 SEASON!
The executives of the North York Knights Hockey Association (NYKHA) would like to welcome back all players, parents and families; we are very excited about the upcoming 2022-2023 hockey season. For the families that are new to our organization, a special welcome is offered. The NYKHA’s overall goal is to provide a rewarding hockey experience for each child. The Knights seek to provide a safe and challenging hockey program where children are able to realize their potential through appropriate levels of play. We want each child to develop and improve their hockey skills so as to want to continue to play hockey. The Knights promote participation on a fair and equitable basis for all players. Equal ice time for all is a fundamental policy of the Association. Our goal is to provide a positive and enjoyable environment that encourages respect, discipline and good sportsmanship among coaches, players, parents and game officials while participating in the game of hockey. For players, the primary goals are to have fun, to learn the principles of the game, and to appreciate the importance of team play, good sportsmanship and companionship. For parents, our goal is to have you positively involved in your child’s development by becoming supportive fans and active volunteers, and by maintaining open lines of communication with the coaches and the Association. It is our sincerest wish that all participants in the various Knights programs have a great and rewarding year playing hockey.
This welcome note sets out some important information so please read it in its entirety.
- Registration – if you have not already registered for the upcoming season, please do so by registering at House League Registration for 2022-2023
- Tell a friend– Our numbers to date are very encouraging but we have room for more players. Encourage your neighbours, friends, and family members to join the Knights. We are one of the few hockey associations in Toronto that offers a weekly practice and a weekly game.
- Schedules for Hockey – We know families are busy and at this point in the year are scheduling Fall and Winter events. We recently received our ice contracts with the City of Toronto and are finalizing the schedule. To help you plan your weekends, we have set out below a tentative practice and game schedule. It is subject to change (but we hope any changes are minor tweaks based on final registration numbers).
|Age Group||Practice Times (Saturdays)||Game Times (Sundays)|
|U6, U7 and U8||7:30am – 8:45am||4:55pm or 5:55pm|
|U9||7:30am or 8:50am||4:55pm or 5:55pm|
|U10 and U11||10:10am or 11:35am||6:25pm or 7:15pm|
|U12 and U13||1:00pm, 1:25pm or 2:25pm||7:05pm or 7:10pm|
|U14 and U15||2:50pm or 4:15pm||8:05pm or 8:10pm|
|U16, U17 and U18||8:05pm or 8:15pm|
Weekly practices and games to start the weekend of October 15-16, 2022.
- Schedules for Learn to Play – Please see the Knights’ website at Learn-To-Play-Registration-2022-2023 for the times and locations of Learn To Play. Start date is October 15, 2022.
- Professional Coaching – As an added benefit for the upcoming season, the Knights have procured the services of ATN (Around the Net) Skills Development to help run practices, provide practice plans and to help train house league coaches. The details are the following:
- ATN will run the House League pre-season practices (sessions) for U6-U13. Pre-season session dates will be sent via email to our registered players.
- U7-U9 regular practices between October and December will be run by ATN (but we still need volunteer coaches to help on the ice, get trained, and coach the games).
- ATN will be attending U10-U18 regular practices on a regular basis until the end of December to run the practice and help train coaches.
- Skills Program – The Knights are organizing a Skills Program on Saturday afternoons (additional hockey training) for the upcoming season. Details to follow. Registration will open on October 17, 2022 and program will commence on October 29, 2022.
- Volunteers – The success of our League is based on our volunteers. There is lots to do. We need division conveners as well as coaches and Team Snap coordinators for each team. Never coached but are interested? Don’t be shy. One of the reasons we have hired ATN is to help train coaches and provide practice plans. If you want to volunteer as a convener, coach or Team Snap coordinator, please respond to Ed Lau at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide details (including indicating the relevant age group).
- Goalie equipment – Yearly we assess the goalie equipment and make purchases of replacement equipment as necessary. If you have some good goalie equipment at home that your child has outgrown and want to give it a new home, please contact Michael Pan at email@example.com.
- Sponsorship– Do you want to sponsor a house league team? Sponsorship opportunities exist for $600 per team. Sponsorship gets you a patch on the team jersey and acknowledgment on the Knights website. If you are interest please contact Ed Lau at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Coaches / Conveners meeting – if you are interested in coaching or convening, please contact email@example.com and provide your name, email address and the applicable age group. We will advise under separate cover of the date and time of the upcoming coaches and conveners meeting.
North York Knights Hockey Association